BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, October 6, 2008

"You for SCUBA?"

When I was 14 I got certified in SCUBA diving. Since our marriage, Danny has talked about becoming certified as well but never seemed to get around to it. On June 18th we had our 15th anniversary and guess what we did? We drove to Key Largo and spent 5 days there. Danny took a 4 day SCUBA Open Water Certification course from John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park (he actually went through the actual park - don't make the mistake of going with someone outside of the facility!) and while he was doing his certification I took a one day refresher course. I went on two reef dives during my refresher course and I saw TWO sharks! I was SO excited! I also saw a lot of barracudas, along with endless fish. They let me tag along with Danny during his 4 open water certification dives which was great. The water temp was perfect and each dive was amazing. Danny's first dive was a wreck dive which was the deepest dive we did - 55 feet. The other three dives were reef dives. Danny saw an eel but I was too chicken to get in close enough to look. He was hidden in his hole and I was NOT going to get close! I am so thrilled that Danny is now certified. We look forward to going back down as soon as we possibly can!!

0 comments: