BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, April 24, 2009

Rose Pedal Ride for CF







On Saturday, April 18th, we participated in the Rose Pedal Ride for Cystic Fibrosis http://www.rosepedal.org/. Our friends organzied the event and most of the volunteers were people we know. Danny, Jared and I all signed up for the 25 mile ride but when we got there they told us it was 27 miles....not that two more miles matters but dang, that is a long way!

A lot of our friends and family did the ride with us and we had a great time!
Danny, Kathleen, Katy, Tracy, Steve, Braden, & Jared (Jared was the youngest boy to participate!)

It was a beautiful spring morning and the course was through the country....past horse farms, flowering dogwoods, well manicured bright green lawns, birds churping... Jared and I stayed together and it took us 2 1/2 hours! I was on a road bike but Jared was using an old mountain bike so he got much more of a workout than I did!! :-) We all really enjoyed it and will definatley do more rides in the future!
Tracy was in town for my dad's birthday party so she was able to do the ride with us! So much fun!

Tracy, Kathleen, & Me

1 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad Kathleen talked me into doing the race with ya'll. She 'claims' she didn't train for it, but she kicked my butt! It was a blast, thanks for sharing!